The Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission, in collaboration with Allies for Children and Carnegie Mellon University (Metro21 and Traffic21) and a broad, regional coalition of stakeholders proposes to develop a regional Connectivity Improvement Plan to deploy high-speed connectivity programs and projects to enable the areas of the southwestern Pennsylvania region lacking adequate high-speed internet access and equipment to better connect to jobs, education, health care and to attract new business to all corners of the region. Most importantly, this strategic plan will help people connect to opportunity.
As part of this work, in partnership with The Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission and Carnegie Mellon University, Allies for Children will be hosting over a dozen community conversations around internet connectivity. Conversations will take place in Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Washington, and Westmoreland counties.
- November 10th 5:00-7:00 @ Hosanna House in Wilkinsburg
- November 18th 5:00-7:00 @ Crawford Village
- December 1st 6:00-8:00 @ The Jeron X. Grayson Center
- October 27th 5:00-7:00 @ Aliquippa B.F. Jones Memorial Library
- November 3rd 5:00-7:00 @ Darlington Township Building
- November 16th 4:30-6:30 @ Jeannette Public Library
- November 17th 5:00-7:00 @ Westmoreland Intermediate Unit
To RSVP for a community conversation please click here.
To learn more about this partnership click here.